Husband not helping me with any house chores.

I (29f) have been with my husband (31m) for 12 years married 5, I was a stay at home mom for 5 years after our first child was born and of course took care of all the house work. When I went back to work he was supposed to help around the house when he could, which didn’t happen I still did everything.

Now fast forward 4 years later and I work a 40 hour job and he works a 40 hour job, he stays at home with our 3 year old and 9 year old on his days off as I do as well on my days off. but he dosent do anything while he is home with the kids no house work what so ever.

I come home and have to cook clean do laundry every little thing around the house. On my days off I watch both kids clean cook and so all the house work and make sure I take the kids to do things.

This morning I told him he needed to wash the dishes because I didn’t have time last night he blew up said he does the yard work and I don’t help him with that so he should not have to do any house work. I am so livid I get he does yard work it’s like once or twice a month thing not everyday!

I have repeatedly talked to him about helping me and he will do stuff maybe a couple times and that’s it, he makes more money then me and works a job that is outside in the heat and he always says it’s harder then my job which honestly my job isn’t that easy either I work in healthcare as a clerk and it’s hard dealing with people all day.

I feel at this point I can do it in my own I love him but honestly I feel like I can’t do this anymore!

I need advice I’m at a breaking point!



Submitted May 29, 2019 at 03:24PM

I (29f) have been with my husband (31m) for 12 years married 5, I was a stay at home mom for 5 years after our first child was born and of course took care of all the house work. When I went back to work he was supposed to help around the house when he could, which didn’t happen I still did everything.Now fast forward 4 years later and I work a 40 hour job and he works a 40 hour job, he stays at home with our 3 year old and 9 year old on his days off as I do as well on my days off. but he dosent do anything while he is home with the kids no house work what so ever.I come home and have to cook clean do laundry every little thing around the house. On my days off I watch both kids clean cook and so all the house work and make sure I take the kids to do things.This morning I told him he needed to wash the dishes because I didn’t have time last night he blew up said he does the yard work and I don’t help him with that so he should not have to do any house work. I am so livid I get he does yard work it’s like once or twice a month thing not everyday!I have repeatedly talked to him about helping me and he will do stuff maybe a couple times and that’s it, he makes more money then me and works a job that is outside in the heat and he always says it’s harder then my job which honestly my job isn’t that easy either I work in healthcare as a clerk and it’s hard dealing with people all day.I feel at this point I can do it in my own I love him but honestly I feel like I can’t do this anymore!I need advice I’m at a breaking point!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.