Anyone else annoyed with how much people talk about ghosting?

Probably just me, but it seems like every day there are multiple threads about “ghosting” and it’s getting a bit much.

The definition is so loose it could mean anything from someone not returning a message after a short exchange on tinder/bumble to someone not texting after a first date to someone up and disappearing after several dates (which in my opinion is the only kind of ghosting really worth any brain space).

Maybe I’m getting old and crusty (28), but if someone likes you, they show it. If they don’t like you, they don’t show it, and if they’re hot and cold you probably don’t want to be with them anyway.

I’ve been told I’ve “ghosted” someone after not returning a SINGLE text message where I just wasn’t too interested and figured they weren’t either and so the conversation died out naturally. Especially before a first date, I really don’t think there’s any reason to have anything more formal than that without it considered ghosting. Does anyone else agree? It’s just getting out of hand.



Submitted May 30, 2019 at 02:50AM

Probably just me, but it seems like every day there are multiple threads about “ghosting” and it’s getting a bit much.The definition is so loose it could mean anything from someone not returning a message after a short exchange on tinder/bumble to someone not texting after a first date to someone up and disappearing after several dates (which in my opinion is the only kind of ghosting really worth any brain space).Maybe I’m getting old and crusty (28), but if someone likes you, they show it. If they don’t like you, they don’t show it, and if they’re hot and cold you probably don’t want to be with them anyway.I’ve been told I’ve “ghosted” someone after not returning a SINGLE text message where I just wasn’t too interested and figured they weren’t either and so the conversation died out naturally. Especially before a first date, I really don’t think there’s any reason to have anything more formal than that without it considered ghosting. Does anyone else agree? It’s just getting out of hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.