My girlfriend (17F) and I (17M) always break into toxic fights

TL;DR: We always fight for small things and say toxic things toward each other

When we have a fight, I'm often the one to take a step back first and go sweet and easy on her so that we are not tensed anymore. And sometimes I expect that she would do the same thing for me, because I'm still childish and cannot be rational all the time to take a step down.

Last night, I had a thing with my mom and I was pretty upset. I confronted my girlfriend with the problem (through text) and I accidentally said something that hurt my girlfriend. She then lost her temper and patience after that while I was just wanting to be cared for and listen to something sweet from her. So things exploded from that, no one wanted to back down. So I blocked her (which is another stupid, thoughtless thing from me to do) and we went to sleep.

Often our fights would end after a sleep, but somehow this morning I still felt very pissed for not getting what I expected from her (which is letting me win and calming me down). So when I met her, I confronted her with the problem again and now she was acting up against me.

Things still are pretty bad now, and this has happened a lot. What should I do now and what should I do if this happens again? Please help me I am so immature.



Submitted May 11, 2019 at 06:30AM

TL;DR: We always fight for small things and say toxic things toward each otherWhen we have a fight, I'm often the one to take a step back first and go sweet and easy on her so that we are not tensed anymore. And sometimes I expect that she would do the same thing for me, because I'm still childish and cannot be rational all the time to take a step down.Last night, I had a thing with my mom and I was pretty upset. I confronted my girlfriend with the problem (through text) and I accidentally said something that hurt my girlfriend. She then lost her temper and patience after that while I was just wanting to be cared for and listen to something sweet from her. So things exploded from that, no one wanted to back down. So I blocked her (which is another stupid, thoughtless thing from me to do) and we went to sleep.Often our fights would end after a sleep, but somehow this morning I still felt very pissed for not getting what I expected from her (which is letting me win and calming me down). So when I met her, I confronted her with the problem again and now she was acting up against me.Things still are pretty bad now, and this has happened a lot. What should I do now and what should I do if this happens again? Please help me I am so immature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.