My best friend (18F) and I (18M) fall asleep on the phone together every night.

We clicked pretty much at the beginning of our junior year and pronounced each other best friends at the start of our final year in high school. In just the span of 1 year we have experienced so much turmoil and change together that our bond has become truly unbreakable.

Early this year she lost her mother which nearly ruined her. While her other friends rallied around her (as expected), I took it upon myself to make sure she always felt comforted. We began talking even more extensively, and eventually started face timing each other daily after school. This all has been enjoyable for the both of us over the last 5 months.

However, things have progressed to the point where I fall asleep on the phone with her every night (she often has trouble sleeping). It has gotten to the point where if the call fails during the night, she'll call back until I answer and we fall asleep again.

All this I have no immediate issue with, but I question where this is leading to. Where do we go from here? I've never been in a situation like this so I have no idea what I'm doing or allowing. Please do not withhold opinions.

TL;DR: Best friend and I fall asleep on the phone every night. Need help.



Submitted May 11, 2019 at 05:00AM

We clicked pretty much at the beginning of our junior year and pronounced each other best friends at the start of our final year in high school. In just the span of 1 year we have experienced so much turmoil and change together that our bond has become truly unbreakable.Early this year she lost her mother which nearly ruined her. While her other friends rallied around her (as expected), I took it upon myself to make sure she always felt comforted. We began talking even more extensively, and eventually started face timing each other daily after school. This all has been enjoyable for the both of us over the last 5 months.However, things have progressed to the point where I fall asleep on the phone with her every night (she often has trouble sleeping). It has gotten to the point where if the call fails during the night, she'll call back until I answer and we fall asleep again.All this I have no immediate issue with, but I question where this is leading to. Where do we go from here? I've never been in a situation like this so I have no idea what I'm doing or allowing. Please do not withhold opinions.​TL;DR: Best friend and I fall asleep on the phone every night. Need help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.