How long do you keep the conversation open?

For the past week, I’ve (36f) been messaging a ton with a really cute guy (36m) on an app. The first few days we messaged back and forth for hours and had a ton in common. By day three, the messaging slowed down. Yesterday, it was sparse, and today it was basically like pulling teeth.

I would chat a bit and ask questions, and they were met with one word answers, or maybe a couple words at most, which is a far cry from how his messages started out. It made me feel like I was boring him.

We didn’t have any plans set up to meet so I messaged him saying that conversation had gotten really difficult for some reason, so unfortunately, I was going to have to give up. I didn’t want to ghost someone because that sucks when you’ve talked a lot.

He seemed surprised by this....I can’t figure out why?!? Do most people leave dead conversations open? I feel like I would rather close it off and at least know where things stand then let it hang or continue to drag someone into talking.



Submitted May 29, 2019 at 01:17AM

For the past week, I’ve (36f) been messaging a ton with a really cute guy (36m) on an app. The first few days we messaged back and forth for hours and had a ton in common. By day three, the messaging slowed down. Yesterday, it was sparse, and today it was basically like pulling teeth.I would chat a bit and ask questions, and they were met with one word answers, or maybe a couple words at most, which is a far cry from how his messages started out. It made me feel like I was boring him.We didn’t have any plans set up to meet so I messaged him saying that conversation had gotten really difficult for some reason, so unfortunately, I was going to have to give up. I didn’t want to ghost someone because that sucks when you’ve talked a lot.He seemed surprised by this....I can’t figure out why?!? Do most people leave dead conversations open? I feel like I would rather close it off and at least know where things stand then let it hang or continue to drag someone into talking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.