A death in the family (DH Side) & money issues. Rant. Chime in

My DH older brother don’t have the same dad The older brother didn’t have a relationship with his dad until his dad got sick Dad ended up dying and brother asked for money, via the mom, from DH for travel expenses

Well well well here is the pickle Older brother already owes DH money So does the mom So does the sister So DH went off on everybody!

Keep in mind, DH is deployed and had only been deployed a week when this all got brought up, our baby is also due the month he gets back.

DH said something to the effect of brothers dad isn’t his dad so it seems like a problem brother needs to work out with that side of the family with the siblings he doesn’t even know

DH also reminded everybody that they all owe him money and that they don’t need to be asking for anything else until debts are repaid

DH told his mom that he’s tired of being the scapegoat for everybody & their money problems.

He basically let it be known that he’s embarrassed that they asked me for money because they burnt the bridge with him.

Etc etc

A fun fact is they all live In the same low income apartment (illegally because it’s only supposed to be for the sis and her kid) so 3 working adults shouldn’t be consistently borrowing money for “bills” in my opinion but I don’t say anything about it. I just laugh because it gets comical.

So the mom I previously told her not to ask for money called me greedy because I didn’t want to help her. Lol mind you the above paragraph makes it hard for me to believe that in 30 days 3 adults can’t figure out their bills.

She then apologized to me and I accept it because I accept all apologies but I told her not to involve me with her families money issues anymore because it’s annoying and I don’t have these issues with my own family.

Long post cut short. Wtf??!! I’m like wow! I live in California where it’s extremely expensive. Prior to being married my rent for a 1bd was 2200 a month and I did what I needed to do alone. How the hell are 3 adults asking for money when their combined rent is $750?



Submitted May 28, 2019 at 05:30PM

My DH older brother don’t have the same dad The older brother didn’t have a relationship with his dad until his dad got sick Dad ended up dying and brother asked for money, via the mom, from DH for travel expensesWell well well here is the pickle Older brother already owes DH money So does the mom So does the sister So DH went off on everybody!Keep in mind, DH is deployed and had only been deployed a week when this all got brought up, our baby is also due the month he gets back.DH said something to the effect of brothers dad isn’t his dad so it seems like a problem brother needs to work out with that side of the family with the siblings he doesn’t even knowDH also reminded everybody that they all owe him money and that they don’t need to be asking for anything else until debts are repaidDH told his mom that he’s tired of being the scapegoat for everybody & their money problems.He basically let it be known that he’s embarrassed that they asked me for money because they burnt the bridge with him.Etc etcA fun fact is they all live In the same low income apartment (illegally because it’s only supposed to be for the sis and her kid) so 3 working adults shouldn’t be consistently borrowing money for “bills” in my opinion but I don’t say anything about it. I just laugh because it gets comical.So the mom I previously told her not to ask for money called me greedy because I didn’t want to help her. Lol mind you the above paragraph makes it hard for me to believe that in 30 days 3 adults can’t figure out their bills.She then apologized to me and I accept it because I accept all apologies but I told her not to involve me with her families money issues anymore because it’s annoying and I don’t have these issues with my own family.Long post cut short. Wtf??!! I’m like wow! I live in California where it’s extremely expensive. Prior to being married my rent for a 1bd was 2200 a month and I did what I needed to do alone. How the hell are 3 adults asking for money when their combined rent is $750?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.