Physical compliments to a partner whose body has changed recently

I wanted some different perspectives on a situation I'm in.

Context: I recently met a woman who is really great, and I feel we have a solid emotional and physical connection. I like to express my appreciation for her, and she's a "words of affirmation" type of person. One of the many things I like about her is her body. The wrinkle is that recently she got a tummy tuck to handle some excess loose skin that remained after substantial weight loss. I never knew her before the tummy tuck.

My question is, how should I approach complimenting her body in this situation? Should I do it at all? What things should I watch out for? I worry that, when I do offer a physical compliment, it will make her feel like I only like her for who she is now, without respecting who she was before or caring about how she got to be who she is today.

Or am I just overthinking things?



Submitted May 24, 2019 at 10:50PM

I wanted some different perspectives on a situation I'm in.Context: I recently met a woman who is really great, and I feel we have a solid emotional and physical connection. I like to express my appreciation for her, and she's a "words of affirmation" type of person. One of the many things I like about her is her body. The wrinkle is that recently she got a tummy tuck to handle some excess loose skin that remained after substantial weight loss. I never knew her before the tummy tuck.My question is, how should I approach complimenting her body in this situation? Should I do it at all? What things should I watch out for? I worry that, when I do offer a physical compliment, it will make her feel like I only like her for who she is now, without respecting who she was before or caring about how she got to be who she is today.Or am I just overthinking things?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.