I had a few crushing moments when I realised how hard it is to be on your own sometimes and just wanted to vent.

Hey All,

I often post in this sub stating that I do not feel ready to date again yet as I want to sort myself out first (job, PhD finishing, possibly moving..the list goes on!). So, while I do get lonely..I know that I am trying my best to work on myself.

With that being said, I had several reminders on how sometimes, it really does feel shitty sometimes and I just wanted to express my experiences.

I guess it started when I had to move something kind of heavy and it took absolutely forever as I had to do it on my own while trying to avoid injuring myself. While frustrating, it didn't really sink in for me that much though.

I guess what really did it was when I reconnected with my best friend (who got married in November) from back home. We talked and caught up and it was really pleasant...but much of the conversation involved how him and his wife are doing all of these things...ranging from planning trips, moving, to even running errands and I just think to myself, wow, I really do wish I had that.

I guess it felt even worse when I asked how our other friends are doing and literally...all of them are about to get married or are married and about to have children.

I guess the ultimate kicker is that my cousin had a baby (she is in her 40s by the way so good for her!) and I was speaking with my aunt (her mom). She not only talked about how my little cousin (by like, 10 years!) is getting married...asked me when I am going to tie the knot.

I apologise for this post and I guess it seems like a rant and I dont want to sound desperate or miserable or anything, but...I guess all of those events together really made me down.



Submitted May 23, 2019 at 01:25PM

Hey All,I often post in this sub stating that I do not feel ready to date again yet as I want to sort myself out first (job, PhD finishing, possibly moving..the list goes on!). So, while I do get lonely..I know that I am trying my best to work on myself.With that being said, I had several reminders on how sometimes, it really does feel shitty sometimes and I just wanted to express my experiences.I guess it started when I had to move something kind of heavy and it took absolutely forever as I had to do it on my own while trying to avoid injuring myself. While frustrating, it didn't really sink in for me that much though.I guess what really did it was when I reconnected with my best friend (who got married in November) from back home. We talked and caught up and it was really pleasant...but much of the conversation involved how him and his wife are doing all of these things...ranging from planning trips, moving, to even running errands and I just think to myself, wow, I really do wish I had that.I guess it felt even worse when I asked how our other friends are doing and literally...all of them are about to get married or are married and about to have children.I guess the ultimate kicker is that my cousin had a baby (she is in her 40s by the way so good for her!) and I was speaking with my aunt (her mom). She not only talked about how my little cousin (by like, 10 years!) is getting married...asked me when I am going to tie the knot.I apologise for this post and I guess it seems like a rant and I dont want to sound desperate or miserable or anything, but...I guess all of those events together really made me down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.