I’m in love and my heart is already broken.

Love changes, alas everything does, entropy pulling us to the cold.

I thought I have fallen in love before, the butterflies, the desperate longing. Yet no one told me that true, deep love, feels like heartbreak.

All things must pass, keep that in mind when you lie next to your beloved, truly appreciate the love you have in that moment.

You’re going to lose them, and there is no happy ever after, grief is a larger part of love than affection.

I lost my father on March 31st, I loved the man dearly, one of my best friends, I have a giant hole in my heart. I just so happened to rekindle with one of the few people I have ever had significant feelings for around the same time, and things between us have become quite beautiful.

I love her, it’s been two months since we started seeing each other again, we want to take things slow but alas the heart wants what the heart wants. She says she cares about me, really likes me, attracted to me, and here I am head over heels. Beyond that, an ache really, like a call from a long distance, my life drawing me to this point, as I have always gone where the wind blows.

I have come to this love from a deep sense of loss, I relish every moment as if a gift, and every terrible thing that’s happened to me in my life, the misery, is just washed away when I lie with her, every bad decision and insecurity gone with a kiss.

Love those around you unabashedly, our world is dying, and love won’t save it but in the end it’s all we have to live for.

So love, you dumb apes, love yourself first, no one is going to do it for you, but it’s so important to love those around you.



Submitted May 25, 2019 at 05:40AM

Love changes, alas everything does, entropy pulling us to the cold.I thought I have fallen in love before, the butterflies, the desperate longing. Yet no one told me that true, deep love, feels like heartbreak.All things must pass, keep that in mind when you lie next to your beloved, truly appreciate the love you have in that moment.You’re going to lose them, and there is no happy ever after, grief is a larger part of love than affection.I lost my father on March 31st, I loved the man dearly, one of my best friends, I have a giant hole in my heart. I just so happened to rekindle with one of the few people I have ever had significant feelings for around the same time, and things between us have become quite beautiful.I love her, it’s been two months since we started seeing each other again, we want to take things slow but alas the heart wants what the heart wants. She says she cares about me, really likes me, attracted to me, and here I am head over heels. Beyond that, an ache really, like a call from a long distance, my life drawing me to this point, as I have always gone where the wind blows.I have come to this love from a deep sense of loss, I relish every moment as if a gift, and every terrible thing that’s happened to me in my life, the misery, is just washed away when I lie with her, every bad decision and insecurity gone with a kiss.Love those around you unabashedly, our world is dying, and love won’t save it but in the end it’s all we have to live for.So love, you dumb apes, love yourself first, no one is going to do it for you, but it’s so important to love those around you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.