How to get a good conversation going early on?

I've had a first coffee and first date with a guy who seems nice, but our conversations have been very bland, and safe. We keep circling back to talk about work and education.

We've both agreed to another date, but if our conversation doesn't improve I'm going to have to call it a lack of chemistry, despite him being the type of guy I could see myself with long term.

How do you break away from interrogation style talk when it doesn't seem to be coming naturally right off the bat? Any date ideas that will help inspire intimate conversations? Clearly not a movie date.



Submitted May 08, 2019 at 08:40PM

I've had a first coffee and first date with a guy who seems nice, but our conversations have been very bland, and safe. We keep circling back to talk about work and education.We've both agreed to another date, but if our conversation doesn't improve I'm going to have to call it a lack of chemistry, despite him being the type of guy I could see myself with long term.How do you break away from interrogation style talk when it doesn't seem to be coming naturally right off the bat? Any date ideas that will help inspire intimate conversations? Clearly not a movie date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.