Am I entitled to feel annoyed by this?

We met on Hinge and chatted a bit. After a few days we decided to go on a date. The day of the date he said he was very hungover but should be fine by night time, and I was getting tattooed for a few hours. We both actually felt like shit so we decided to postponed to the next week.

The day before the date I send him a message raving about how it is finally the weekend and he says he is working the following day (saturday). I asked if he was still down for the date and he said yes but would be tired and most likely not his best self. I was already annoyed to hear this, it’s supposed to be fun and exciting.

3 hours before the date on saturday he says « i am still at work and I have baseball practice after, can we do it on sunday instead? », I say sorry I can’t. He says « so sorry baseball practice got moved to today »

This irritates me for a number of reasons but mainly because we had plans and he prioritized this sudden practice (he isn’t playing in a major league, thats just an activity). We haven’t spoken since, I just didn’t answer his last message because he clearly doesn’t seem as excited to meet up as I am and I didn’t know what to say.

Am I being unreasonable?



Submitted May 08, 2019 at 10:28PM

We met on Hinge and chatted a bit. After a few days we decided to go on a date. The day of the date he said he was very hungover but should be fine by night time, and I was getting tattooed for a few hours. We both actually felt like shit so we decided to postponed to the next week.The day before the date I send him a message raving about how it is finally the weekend and he says he is working the following day (saturday). I asked if he was still down for the date and he said yes but would be tired and most likely not his best self. I was already annoyed to hear this, it’s supposed to be fun and exciting.3 hours before the date on saturday he says « i am still at work and I have baseball practice after, can we do it on sunday instead? », I say sorry I can’t. He says « so sorry baseball practice got moved to today »This irritates me for a number of reasons but mainly because we had plans and he prioritized this sudden practice (he isn’t playing in a major league, thats just an activity). We haven’t spoken since, I just didn’t answer his last message because he clearly doesn’t seem as excited to meet up as I am and I didn’t know what to say.Am I being unreasonable?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.