Do I need a break?

I've been trying. Trying really hard. Even tried to date girls I was not attracted to because everyone kept telling me to lower my standards.

I'm ready to just give up and accept that my line ends here. I'm perfectly normal. I used to be good looking at one time. I can still sometimes look ok if I make an effort. I'm well built but I'm only 5'7.5". Even at the ripe old age of 35 apparently it still matters a lot.

I'm an engineer. I make six figures, but I'm anxious all the time. Confidence varies from ultra low to good with some effort, but I feel the that the good days are the ones when I fake well.

I got another one of those "your'e a great guy" messages this morning. She had ignored me for a month so don't know why she needed to officially send me a rejection, but this just feels like the last fucking straw.

I don't think I even have an option of not giving up. I've exhausted about all the profiles on dating apps, and I don't have a real life.

Just fucking tired. Sorry, just needed to say this stuff to someone. Reddit's relative anonymity is comforting. Maybe you guys or girls will have some advice for me.

Girls, can you please, please, please stop saying "all the best/ you're a great guy/ I'm sure you'll find someone". You don't know how many hundreds of these a guy has gone through. Just feels like adding insult to injury. Make the cut sharp and clean. Can't speak for everyone but my guess is guys will prefer that. I for sure do.



Submitted May 09, 2019 at 12:43AM

I've been trying. Trying really hard. Even tried to date girls I was not attracted to because everyone kept telling me to lower my standards.I'm ready to just give up and accept that my line ends here. I'm perfectly normal. I used to be good looking at one time. I can still sometimes look ok if I make an effort. I'm well built but I'm only 5'7.5". Even at the ripe old age of 35 apparently it still matters a lot.I'm an engineer. I make six figures, but I'm anxious all the time. Confidence varies from ultra low to good with some effort, but I feel the that the good days are the ones when I fake well.I got another one of those "your'e a great guy" messages this morning. She had ignored me for a month so don't know why she needed to officially send me a rejection, but this just feels like the last fucking straw.I don't think I even have an option of not giving up. I've exhausted about all the profiles on dating apps, and I don't have a real life.Just fucking tired. Sorry, just needed to say this stuff to someone. Reddit's relative anonymity is comforting. Maybe you guys or girls will have some advice for me.Girls, can you please, please, please stop saying "all the best/ you're a great guy/ I'm sure you'll find someone". You don't know how many hundreds of these a guy has gone through. Just feels like adding insult to injury. Make the cut sharp and clean. Can't speak for everyone but my guess is guys will prefer that. I for sure do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.