Women, what catches your eye for a first message?

I've yet to have any success with online dating for the roughly six months I've been trying it on Okcupid. I've only had two women respond back from messages, and those unfortunately went no where.

Now I know that my pictures and profile write up play into this. I do add and remove pictures now and then and also fairly regularly revise the written bio, but from reading some other posts I get the impression that perhaps my first messages are not interesting enough and are falling into the differences in experiences that men and women have with online dating. I know women are often overwhelmed with messages from men, but I don't know what I should be saying that will change my results.

In general, for a first message I keep it short, start with a hello, give them a compliment, and then ask a question about something in their profile. If this is too basic such that you get these sort of messages way too much and pass over them, what am I as a man suppose to say in my first message to catch your attention?



Submitted April 19, 2019 at 02:12PM

I've yet to have any success with online dating for the roughly six months I've been trying it on Okcupid. I've only had two women respond back from messages, and those unfortunately went no where.Now I know that my pictures and profile write up play into this. I do add and remove pictures now and then and also fairly regularly revise the written bio, but from reading some other posts I get the impression that perhaps my first messages are not interesting enough and are falling into the differences in experiences that men and women have with online dating. I know women are often overwhelmed with messages from men, but I don't know what I should be saying that will change my results.In general, for a first message I keep it short, start with a hello, give them a compliment, and then ask a question about something in their profile. If this is too basic such that you get these sort of messages way too much and pass over them, what am I as a man suppose to say in my first message to catch your attention?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.