Personal Info, How much should I share when chatting with someone in online dating?

I hardly post on reddit at all, I usually just make smart aleck comments. This isn't smart aleck whatsoever.

I [42 m] started chatting with this lady on POF. She wants me to start emailing her instead of using their chat feature. For whatever reason, I am leery of this. Anytime I have chatted with anyone in online dating, we chat for a bit then it just stops for whatever reason.

Other than the obvious stuff, is there anything I should be aware of by sending her my regular email address?

Should I make up a new email address to use exclusively for communicating with her?

In the past I saw a comment on this subreddit and someone said something about using Google voice or simillar apps to exchange info early in dating. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for any replies this might receive.



Submitted April 20, 2019 at 01:39AM

I hardly post on reddit at all, I usually just make smart aleck comments. This isn't smart aleck whatsoever.I [42 m] started chatting with this lady on POF. She wants me to start emailing her instead of using their chat feature. For whatever reason, I am leery of this. Anytime I have chatted with anyone in online dating, we chat for a bit then it just stops for whatever reason.Other than the obvious stuff, is there anything I should be aware of by sending her my regular email address?Should I make up a new email address to use exclusively for communicating with her?In the past I saw a comment on this subreddit and someone said something about using Google voice or simillar apps to exchange info early in dating. Any thoughts on this?Thanks in advance for any replies this might receive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.