Is he being rude?

I’m supposed to have a first date with a guy from OLD, and he texted me to suggest dinner next week at a fancy restaurant. Generous, right?

The restaurant is within walking distance of his apartment, and it’s over 30 minutes by public transit from my neighborhood (which he knows full well). He also suggested 9 pm on a weeknight. We live in a big metropolis, but I’m not hustling down to his neighborhood for a super late dinner on a work night. (He’s an entrepreneur who sets his own hours; I’m not.) We’ve never met but we videochatted recently and our specific neighborhoods came up.

I wasn’t super attracted to him on videochat, but he seemed like a nice guy so I was willing to give him a chance.

But now I’m tempted to just cancel the date. I’ve had two good dates recently with someone so much more charming and considerate—which makes me reluctant to “settle” for any kind of mistreatment right now.

Am I being too high maintenance?



Submitted April 20, 2019 at 01:26AM

I’m supposed to have a first date with a guy from OLD, and he texted me to suggest dinner next week at a fancy restaurant. Generous, right?The restaurant is within walking distance of his apartment, and it’s over 30 minutes by public transit from my neighborhood (which he knows full well). He also suggested 9 pm on a weeknight. We live in a big metropolis, but I’m not hustling down to his neighborhood for a super late dinner on a work night. (He’s an entrepreneur who sets his own hours; I’m not.) We’ve never met but we videochatted recently and our specific neighborhoods came up.I wasn’t super attracted to him on videochat, but he seemed like a nice guy so I was willing to give him a chance.But now I’m tempted to just cancel the date. I’ve had two good dates recently with someone so much more charming and considerate—which makes me reluctant to “settle” for any kind of mistreatment right now.Am I being too high maintenance?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.