Is it rude to assume someone is married because there just over 30?

So I was out and there was a discussion on ages of the group, then a few of the guys were talking about there marriages, upcoming engagement etc. I got a question from one of the guys along the lines of "How your married life _____" Which I replied

"I'm not married and still single but you know that song" "You can't hurry love" :D after that response it went awkwardly silent and I was like hmmm that's interesting in my mind not why there was an assumption like that.
So is it rude to assume something along the lines of this wether your both a man or a women?

I was called out for mistakenly asking a girl that I knew from work who was living with her boyfriend at the time, "how is your husband I didn't know her too well and assumed wrongly which I apologized for it was out of malice or anything it was just a mistake but one of her friends really wasn't happy about it.



Submitted April 19, 2019 at 08:41AM

So I was out and there was a discussion on ages of the group, then a few of the guys were talking about there marriages, upcoming engagement etc. I got a question from one of the guys along the lines of "How your married life _____" Which I replied"I'm not married and still single but you know that song" "You can't hurry love" :D after that response it went awkwardly silent and I was like hmmm that's interesting in my mind not why there was an assumption like that.So is it rude to assume something along the lines of this wether your both a man or a women?I was called out for mistakenly asking a girl that I knew from work who was living with her boyfriend at the time, "how is your husband I didn't know her too well and assumed wrongly which I apologized for it was out of malice or anything it was just a mistake but one of her friends really wasn't happy about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.