Why do people become attached to their Ex?

There's a girl [21 F] I like, and I [21 M] believe she may be having issues getting over her ex. Doesn't really matter(for the question) if she is or isn't, I'm giving her time, but this brought up another question in my head.

How does one become attached to an Ex?

I've never understood it.

Maybe I'm just a cold person, but with any girl that's had romantic interest in me or vice versa, I've never had a problem permanently breaking things off when I decided I didn't like the relationship(even if it's just a friendship).

This is including a 3 year relationship, I broke up with the girl, and my only contact with her after the breakup was a letter basically giving her closure and ground rules if she'd ever want to talk to me again(the reason for the breakup was a bit fucked).

TL;DR : I think the girl I like is possibly attached to her ex. Made me wonder "why do people get attached?".

Edit: fixed formatting and fixed confusing typo that made it sound like I ended a 3 year friendship when I actually meant relationship.



Submitted April 27, 2019 at 06:25AM

There's a girl [21 F] I like, and I [21 M] believe she may be having issues getting over her ex. Doesn't really matter(for the question) if she is or isn't, I'm giving her time, but this brought up another question in my head.How does one become attached to an Ex?I've never understood it.Maybe I'm just a cold person, but with any girl that's had romantic interest in me or vice versa, I've never had a problem permanently breaking things off when I decided I didn't like the relationship(even if it's just a friendship).This is including a 3 year relationship, I broke up with the girl, and my only contact with her after the breakup was a letter basically giving her closure and ground rules if she'd ever want to talk to me again(the reason for the breakup was a bit fucked).TL;DR : I think the girl I like is possibly attached to her ex. Made me wonder "why do people get attached?".Edit: fixed formatting and fixed confusing typo that made it sound like I ended a 3 year friendship when I actually meant relationship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.