Quiet Period After First Date - Thoughts?

We all know app dating is the worst.

I met up with someone I was chatting with this past Sunday, it went great in my opinion, but since I'm posting here something must be up right? We have a little back and forth after the date and the following morning he responds initially and then doesn't the rest of the day. Since I'm into him and this period of insecurity evokes anxiety-inducing thoughts where I over-analyse every interaction (hence this post) that (Mon) night I do a dreaded double-text sending an easy breezy "I'd like to hang out again, let me know how you feel" text.

Following day (Tues), mid-day he responds, apologizing for the delay saying he was busy with work and that he's heading out of town for work, he'll be back next weekend and should talk and plan something then. After I reply to that there's been no more texting and also his location has not changed from our city, although I don't know exactly when he'd be leaving.

So here I am crowd-sourcing for opinions on my situation, maybe not "is it normal?" but rather is this situation unheard of where at best case scenario we don't speak for a week and a half following a first date leading to something tangible? Or is this a weird way of fading/ghosting? Of course I'm still talking to others but it's not that often I meet up with someone I actually like, usually I don't care whether or not I see someone again.



Submitted April 26, 2019 at 05:53PM

We all know app dating is the worst.​I met up with someone I was chatting with this past Sunday, it went great in my opinion, but since I'm posting here something must be up right? We have a little back and forth after the date and the following morning he responds initially and then doesn't the rest of the day. Since I'm into him and this period of insecurity evokes anxiety-inducing thoughts where I over-analyse every interaction (hence this post) that (Mon) night I do a dreaded double-text sending an easy breezy "I'd like to hang out again, let me know how you feel" text.​Following day (Tues), mid-day he responds, apologizing for the delay saying he was busy with work and that he's heading out of town for work, he'll be back next weekend and should talk and plan something then. After I reply to that there's been no more texting and also his location has not changed from our city, although I don't know exactly when he'd be leaving.​So here I am crowd-sourcing for opinions on my situation, maybe not "is it normal?" but rather is this situation unheard of where at best case scenario we don't speak for a week and a half following a first date leading to something tangible? Or is this a weird way of fading/ghosting? Of course I'm still talking to others but it's not that often I meet up with someone I actually like, usually I don't care whether or not I see someone again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.