Really clicked with my date, but not thst attracted. Advice?

Hi, for context I'm a 38 yo Male and polyamorous, but new to it. So I'm just newly re-navigating the world of dating...

So I went on a date with a gal I met on line (41 F) wed been texting for several days and we hit it off really well, walking and talking for almost 3 hours, but I don't feel a lot of physical attraction to her. In her pictures she wasn't the most attractive, but she had a fantastic smile. In person her hair is thinning....

Now i know there's more than physical attributes to attraction, and maybe that will come to the fore. She really is a warm person. But I'm not sure. And I'm not one of these people that judge women by strict beauty standards or rates people 1 - 10 or any of that crap. But physical attractiveness (subjectively) is important to me.

I don't want to lead her on or waste her time or insult her in any way. We really did get on well, but I don't know if I'll become sexually interested in her.

Should I go on a few more dates? Is there a way to transfer this into platonic friendship? If something were to develop down the line it could happen naturally, but insofar as "looking for partners" I'm not really getting the spark.

Advice?



Submitted April 26, 2019 at 09:40PM

Hi, for context I'm a 38 yo Male and polyamorous, but new to it. So I'm just newly re-navigating the world of dating...So I went on a date with a gal I met on line (41 F) wed been texting for several days and we hit it off really well, walking and talking for almost 3 hours, but I don't feel a lot of physical attraction to her. In her pictures she wasn't the most attractive, but she had a fantastic smile. In person her hair is thinning....Now i know there's more than physical attributes to attraction, and maybe that will come to the fore. She really is a warm person. But I'm not sure. And I'm not one of these people that judge women by strict beauty standards or rates people 1 - 10 or any of that crap. But physical attractiveness (subjectively) is important to me.I don't want to lead her on or waste her time or insult her in any way. We really did get on well, but I don't know if I'll become sexually interested in her.Should I go on a few more dates? Is there a way to transfer this into platonic friendship? If something were to develop down the line it could happen naturally, but insofar as "looking for partners" I'm not really getting the spark.Advice?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.