Finding and dating someone who wants kids.

I'm turning 43(M) in a week, and wants to have kids. I'm finding that the women I'm meeting want to stay child-free or don't want any more children.

I have 3 children from my previous relationship. I'm really close witn my youngest (5f) but not with my older children (17f/21m) because when the were growing up I wasn't really around ...

long story short ... I was in the military and deployed ALOT (9 times in 15 years) ... also their mother harbors a lot of resentment towards me and "poisoned the well" while my 2 oldest were growing up. So I sort of feel cheated on the whole raising kids aspect.

I usually bring the having children talk early on (date 2-3). My rationale is to make sure we're on the same page and not waste time pursuing a relationship that doesn't fufill my wants and needs.

Am i going about this the wrong way?



Submitted April 26, 2019 at 02:18PM

I'm turning 43(M) in a week, and wants to have kids. I'm finding that the women I'm meeting want to stay child-free or don't want any more children.I have 3 children from my previous relationship. I'm really close witn my youngest (5f) but not with my older children (17f/21m) because when the were growing up I wasn't really around ...long story short ... I was in the military and deployed ALOT (9 times in 15 years) ... also their mother harbors a lot of resentment towards me and "poisoned the well" while my 2 oldest were growing up. So I sort of feel cheated on the whole raising kids aspect.I usually bring the having children talk early on (date 2-3). My rationale is to make sure we're on the same page and not waste time pursuing a relationship that doesn't fufill my wants and needs.Am i going about this the wrong way?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.