/u/reusablethrowaway- on I've been seeing some images here that are pretty uncomfortable and should be labelled as NSFW more often

I unsubscribed from the meme sub because of posts like these. It's not actually the nudity itself that bothers me, but the way they feature female bodies objectified for the heterosexual male gaze as if women's bodies are synonymous with sex. Notice there's no male nudity alluded to at all in any of those examples.

Plus most of them are not really asexual memes. Sure, they can be read that way, but usually the original context was, "I love video games/Anime/whathaveyou so much, even this [objectifying caricature of a] nude woman doesn't distract me!" Which I find gross, not funny. Women and video games aren't interchangeable objects. Even the examples like #3 are usually stolen from subs like r/CreepyPMs where women try to fend off men sending them sexual messages by feigning ignorance or out-creeping the creeps. Which, again, isn't about asexuality but about women being inappropriately sexualized.





May 23, 2019 at 04:53AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.