I'm going all in

So, I respect the redditors that disagree with me on my post here. I enjoy receiving the advice I am given here, and mostly, I want to follow it.

I feel like the general consensus is, that when you date, you should have a couple people on the go, and enjoy the encounters and have sex if it's on the table.

That the one you end up with, is doing just that. They're out on dates, testing the intimate waters and having sexual contact with the all people they are seeing.

But I decided today, to be true to me. I've never been a player, nor have I had a single ONS in my life.

It all sounds great though, and in my new single life I am very interested in trying that all out!

But.

I really like the connection I've made with this woman online. I like the phone conversation we've had. Soon, we're planning to go out one evening together if we can line it up. We both have kids. Hopefully Saturday.

I know it's naive. I know it's illogical. But I've always been a bit of a Cyrano de Bergerac.

And so, my ex stopped by today, wanting to hookup. And I could have. A week and a half ago we did just that. Even though it's really not healthy for us.

If I go out for the night prior to seeing this woman, I know I'm not going to be all that interested in many of the women I see.

It's crazy I know.

But I'm going to hold out for now, be true to me. That way I won't have to bend the truth or avoid topics, and instead I can be totally open and honest.

If there is a chance that this leads to another date, and another; and later to something so much deeper?

I'm cool with holding out for a week or more to see where it goes.

Edit:

It should be duly noted that I am a bad poker player.



Submitted May 22, 2019 at 03:27PM

So, I respect the redditors that disagree with me on my post here. I enjoy receiving the advice I am given here, and mostly, I want to follow it.I feel like the general consensus is, that when you date, you should have a couple people on the go, and enjoy the encounters and have sex if it's on the table.That the one you end up with, is doing just that. They're out on dates, testing the intimate waters and having sexual contact with the all people they are seeing.But I decided today, to be true to me. I've never been a player, nor have I had a single ONS in my life.It all sounds great though, and in my new single life I am very interested in trying that all out!But.I really like the connection I've made with this woman online. I like the phone conversation we've had. Soon, we're planning to go out one evening together if we can line it up. We both have kids. Hopefully Saturday.I know it's naive. I know it's illogical. But I've always been a bit of a Cyrano de Bergerac.And so, my ex stopped by today, wanting to hookup. And I could have. A week and a half ago we did just that. Even though it's really not healthy for us.If I go out for the night prior to seeing this woman, I know I'm not going to be all that interested in many of the women I see.It's crazy I know.But I'm going to hold out for now, be true to me. That way I won't have to bend the truth or avoid topics, and instead I can be totally open and honest.If there is a chance that this leads to another date, and another; and later to something so much deeper?I'm cool with holding out for a week or more to see where it goes.Edit:It should be duly noted that I am a bad poker player.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.