To disclose or not to disclose homeownership?

During the getting-to-know phase would it be of bad form to disclose homeownership?

Here's a little context--this is not in an effort to brag, but more so to make it a point that I'm not interested in non-committed relationships/flings and the likes; and that at this point in my life, as an almost 34 year-old female I'm looking for a like-minded partner who can bring something of meaning to my life and I in theirs. In a nutshell, this is to reinforce the fact that I'm driven by concrete accomplishments, so much so sometimes, to the detriment of my dating life--I'd rather invest my time wisely and be rewarded for my hard work than risk getting burned by a relationship that isn't going anywhere.

What I'm wondering is if men actually take statements like "I'm not looking for a casual relationship" at face value, since they probably hear the same thing over and over. I usually don't bring up my accomplishments. These are endeavors that I've assigned myself over the years as personal goals. I'm quietly happy for myself and celebrate these successes in a very low-key way, but as a "proof" that I actually walk the walk and not just talk the talk, would it be considered a faux pas to mention in passing that I bought a house.



Submitted May 23, 2019 at 03:17AM

During the getting-to-know phase would it be of bad form to disclose homeownership?Here's a little context--this is not in an effort to brag, but more so to make it a point that I'm not interested in non-committed relationships/flings and the likes; and that at this point in my life, as an almost 34 year-old female I'm looking for a like-minded partner who can bring something of meaning to my life and I in theirs. In a nutshell, this is to reinforce the fact that I'm driven by concrete accomplishments, so much so sometimes, to the detriment of my dating life--I'd rather invest my time wisely and be rewarded for my hard work than risk getting burned by a relationship that isn't going anywhere.What I'm wondering is if men actually take statements like "I'm not looking for a casual relationship" at face value, since they probably hear the same thing over and over. I usually don't bring up my accomplishments. These are endeavors that I've assigned myself over the years as personal goals. I'm quietly happy for myself and celebrate these successes in a very low-key way, but as a "proof" that I actually walk the walk and not just talk the talk, would it be considered a faux pas to mention in passing that I bought a house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.