The date that is, by far, the hardest to get over

Been single and at this a while.

First messages not responded to don't bother me anymore. Matches that never message don't either. Nor do slow texters that fade away, people who can't commit to a date, or first dates where there is no spark...

Every now and then, though, there is a match where we hit it off from the start, the chatting is easy, we see eye to eye on so many things, our life experiences are similar, the date is effortless, and it ends in a really sweet kiss that lasts a good long while. That happened to me last weekend.

And, after texting the next morning what a great time she had and how I was so easy to talk to, she's not interested in a second date. Dates like that don't come along often for me but when they do, and still don't lead to a second date, it's hard not to swear off dating for good.

I'm wondering if its best to go into every first date with the shields up knowing even the best first dates are going to most likely disappoint. You risk not making that connection but shields down might burn you out to dating a lot faster... Thoughts?



Submitted May 08, 2019 at 02:50AM

Been single and at this a while.First messages not responded to don't bother me anymore. Matches that never message don't either. Nor do slow texters that fade away, people who can't commit to a date, or first dates where there is no spark...Every now and then, though, there is a match where we hit it off from the start, the chatting is easy, we see eye to eye on so many things, our life experiences are similar, the date is effortless, and it ends in a really sweet kiss that lasts a good long while. That happened to me last weekend.And, after texting the next morning what a great time she had and how I was so easy to talk to, she's not interested in a second date. Dates like that don't come along often for me but when they do, and still don't lead to a second date, it's hard not to swear off dating for good.I'm wondering if its best to go into every first date with the shields up knowing even the best first dates are going to most likely disappoint. You risk not making that connection but shields down might burn you out to dating a lot faster... Thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.