Husband's in-the-house attire is underwear only and I hate it.

I'm 52 (F) and my husband is 54. We got married last year after being together on/off for 14 years. We didn't live together before getting married. After marriage he moved into my place. We'll stay here while we get some debt paid off then find a new house.

We (mostly me) have been struggling with adjusting to being in the same space all of the time and there have been issues with the way I did things vs. how he does things and I'm really trying to not let the small stuff get to me, mostly for my own sanity.

One thing that's really bugging me a lot is that the second he gets home all clothes are off except for his boxer briefs and I hate it. It makes me feel like I'm living with a white trash backwoods guy. I don't think it's too much to put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Plus, it's not exactly doing it for me, him walking around with practically everything hanging out always.

It's not something I'm used to and I don't want to get used to it. I'm not a snob but I just prefer clothes when in the house.

My question is how do I bring this up to him without offending him or putting him on the defensive? I don't even know how to property articulate why it bothers me like it does, I just know that I hate it.



Submitted May 08, 2019 at 12:48AM

I'm 52 (F) and my husband is 54. We got married last year after being together on/off for 14 years. We didn't live together before getting married. After marriage he moved into my place. We'll stay here while we get some debt paid off then find a new house.We (mostly me) have been struggling with adjusting to being in the same space all of the time and there have been issues with the way I did things vs. how he does things and I'm really trying to not let the small stuff get to me, mostly for my own sanity.One thing that's really bugging me a lot is that the second he gets home all clothes are off except for his boxer briefs and I hate it. It makes me feel like I'm living with a white trash backwoods guy. I don't think it's too much to put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Plus, it's not exactly doing it for me, him walking around with practically everything hanging out always.It's not something I'm used to and I don't want to get used to it. I'm not a snob but I just prefer clothes when in the house.My question is how do I bring this up to him without offending him or putting him on the defensive? I don't even know how to property articulate why it bothers me like it does, I just know that I hate it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.