(m35) First date, didn't feel a spark. Advice?

Edit: Thank you everyone for your advice. I think I will try a second date and see if I feel differently knowing what I am going into.
Those that commented that the picture being misleading may have been part of the issue - I think you are correct, that must have been part of it. I did arrived expecting someone physically different than I met, and the right was with me all evening.

To make things clear, I have no intention of letting things advance beyond a kiss if I still felt no spark. I thought I made that clear but I guess not. While I am fine with a hook up she obviously was not looking for one and I would not betray anyones trust by engaging in casual sex with someone who believed it was more. Also, I have no reason to suspect sex would even occur on a second day with her. When I said kiss I did mean only kiss. The question was, purely, is a kiss ok to allow to test chemistry or is it, too, a breaking of trust?

For those commenting that I am dating too soon, that may very well be true, however my last relationship was pretty fucked up and I was recommended by my therapist to get out there and not isolate myself, as long as things remain non committed at this point.

_------------------+-;---+++++++;;++--------------------

O0

I'm brand new to dating. Even as a kid I never really dated. I'm recently separated (3 months) and just went in my 2nd first date.

We met OLD app. Her picture was a little misleading but she's perfectly nice and friendly and, like me, had a bad break up from a ltr, although a couple years ago now. We texted a lot and met up for coffee, then dinner.

But, unlike my first 1st date, I didn't feel any attraction. No spark. No chemistry.

I think the date went well on her end and she texted me a bit more and I responded normally. I'm thinking I'll try a 2nd date with her, because she is nice and lived some interesting experiences, just to confirm I don't feel anything. Is that ok or is that leading her on? If I still don't feel anything and she wants something physical should we kiss to see how I feel about that (but no further if I still don't feel anything) or should I stop her before a kiss?

I don't want her (or anyone else) to feel used so I'm not really sure where to draw the line?



Submitted April 12, 2019 at 10:45AM

Edit: Thank you everyone for your advice. I think I will try a second date and see if I feel differently knowing what I am going into.Those that commented that the picture being misleading may have been part of the issue - I think you are correct, that must have been part of it. I did arrived expecting someone physically different than I met, and the right was with me all evening.To make things clear, I have no intention of letting things advance beyond a kiss if I still felt no spark. I thought I made that clear but I guess not. While I am fine with a hook up she obviously was not looking for one and I would not betray anyones trust by engaging in casual sex with someone who believed it was more. Also, I have no reason to suspect sex would even occur on a second day with her. When I said kiss I did mean only kiss. The question was, purely, is a kiss ok to allow to test chemistry or is it, too, a breaking of trust?For those commenting that I am dating too soon, that may very well be true, however my last relationship was pretty fucked up and I was recommended by my therapist to get out there and not isolate myself, as long as things remain non committed at this point._------------------+-;---+++++++;;++--------------------O0I'm brand new to dating. Even as a kid I never really dated. I'm recently separated (3 months) and just went in my 2nd first date.We met OLD app. Her picture was a little misleading but she's perfectly nice and friendly and, like me, had a bad break up from a ltr, although a couple years ago now. We texted a lot and met up for coffee, then dinner.But, unlike my first 1st date, I didn't feel any attraction. No spark. No chemistry.I think the date went well on her end and she texted me a bit more and I responded normally. I'm thinking I'll try a 2nd date with her, because she is nice and lived some interesting experiences, just to confirm I don't feel anything. Is that ok or is that leading her on? If I still don't feel anything and she wants something physical should we kiss to see how I feel about that (but no further if I still don't feel anything) or should I stop her before a kiss?I don't want her (or anyone else) to feel used so I'm not really sure where to draw the line?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.