My (40m) wife (41f) usually goes to bed with our children.

Perhaps it is my fault but I never let our kids sleep in our room but rather got them a full and a queen bed in the event one of us needed to read a story or comfort them. Going on 8 years now my wife goes to bed with the children every night and claims to come to bed every night but I don't believe her. She leaves her phone notifications on loud and it usually wakes me up which is not the greatest evidence but it is something.

I have made clear that it hurts that she makes no effort to talk to me in the evenings. I cannot recall ever having had a conversation in bed since we became parents around eight and a half years ago.

I just kicked her out. It's 12:30am and she went to bed with the kids 3 hours ago. Perhaps this belongs in r/petty but I just replaced our wedding picture in an ornament Waterford Crystal frame with my undergrad diploma.

At what point is it my room and she's only welcome at my invitation? I have laid several gauntlets lately and I am not sure if I am subconsciously preparing for divorce but I see the infrastructure of our relationship being systematically separated.

Am I overreacting? Am I caught up in a situation so messed up I don't even see it? Am I the horrible husband because I think couples should make an effort to go to bed together?

tl:dr; wife sleeps in kid's beds most of the time. Can I just make it my room and move her stuff out?



Submitted May 19, 2019 at 04:34AM

Perhaps it is my fault but I never let our kids sleep in our room but rather got them a full and a queen bed in the event one of us needed to read a story or comfort them. Going on 8 years now my wife goes to bed with the children every night and claims to come to bed every night but I don't believe her. She leaves her phone notifications on loud and it usually wakes me up which is not the greatest evidence but it is something.I have made clear that it hurts that she makes no effort to talk to me in the evenings. I cannot recall ever having had a conversation in bed since we became parents around eight and a half years ago.I just kicked her out. It's 12:30am and she went to bed with the kids 3 hours ago. Perhaps this belongs in r/petty but I just replaced our wedding picture in an ornament Waterford Crystal frame with my undergrad diploma.At what point is it my room and she's only welcome at my invitation? I have laid several gauntlets lately and I am not sure if I am subconsciously preparing for divorce but I see the infrastructure of our relationship being systematically separated.Am I overreacting? Am I caught up in a situation so messed up I don't even see it? Am I the horrible husband because I think couples should make an effort to go to bed together?tl:dr; wife sleeps in kid's beds most of the time. Can I just make it my room and move her stuff out?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.