black face, what's the big whoop?

my girlfriend got really mad at me because I showed up to her party the other day wearing black face (as a prank)

I used her red lipstick for my lips and regular black face paint and an afro wig.

When I came in I yelled out "WASSUP NIGGAS!" her friends all looked at me like i was some sort of alien? I assumed because they knew me they knew I obviously wasn't racist and was only fooling around. But she pushed me out onto the front porch and asked me to leave, she looked like she was on the verge of tears for crying out loud!

She's a pretty classic girl so I assumed she was upset about me using her lipstick?

She said I embarrassed her and we got in an argument because I told her she was over reacting over a harmless prank (she didn't even have black friends in attendance)
since the argument I've been avoiding her calls because I can't talk to her when she's all uppity it really grinds my gears.

Am I in the wrong here? is she really not over reacting because I feel like if I insulted her or something, I would understand if it was at her expense, but I just tried to make her laugh! (I thought she would find it funny since she finds kevin hart funny) it's not my fault she didn't happen to find it funny, right?

anyways would like a chick's advice on this, I need to calm her down but she needs to understand I didn't mean anything bad by it and she has no right to be vulgar with me over this.



Submitted May 21, 2019 at 05:43AM

my girlfriend got really mad at me because I showed up to her party the other day wearing black face (as a prank)I used her red lipstick for my lips and regular black face paint and an afro wig.When I came in I yelled out "WASSUP NIGGAS!" her friends all looked at me like i was some sort of alien? I assumed because they knew me they knew I obviously wasn't racist and was only fooling around. But she pushed me out onto the front porch and asked me to leave, she looked like she was on the verge of tears for crying out loud!She's a pretty classic girl so I assumed she was upset about me using her lipstick?She said I embarrassed her and we got in an argument because I told her she was over reacting over a harmless prank (she didn't even have black friends in attendance)since the argument I've been avoiding her calls because I can't talk to her when she's all uppity it really grinds my gears.Am I in the wrong here? is she really not over reacting because I feel like if I insulted her or something, I would understand if it was at her expense, but I just tried to make her laugh! (I thought she would find it funny since she finds kevin hart funny) it's not my fault she didn't happen to find it funny, right?anyways would like a chick's advice on this, I need to calm her down but she needs to understand I didn't mean anything bad by it and she has no right to be vulgar with me over this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.