What do you think about people from OLD who suggest "going for a walk" etc. for a first "date"?

In the past I have been asked if I'd like to meet a guy for a walk, go to a park and feed ducks, outdoor non-committal activities. While it's better than asking if they can come over to my place for the first meet, I do have to admit I was a little put off by this and did not go on any of these "dates".

I'm not on OLD now (let's face it, I'll be back), however I'm starting to understand why people might suggest this as a way of meeting/vetting the person before committing to a more typical date over drinks or coffee. I have a feeling it's probably suggested by people who feel they've wasted too much of their time or money on dates in the past. I think I'll be more open to it the next go around, but if an actual date isn't suggested for our 2nd meet I'd move on.

Curious to hear your thoughts/experiences on this.



Submitted April 13, 2019 at 09:31PM

In the past I have been asked if I'd like to meet a guy for a walk, go to a park and feed ducks, outdoor non-committal activities. While it's better than asking if they can come over to my place for the first meet, I do have to admit I was a little put off by this and did not go on any of these "dates".I'm not on OLD now (let's face it, I'll be back), however I'm starting to understand why people might suggest this as a way of meeting/vetting the person before committing to a more typical date over drinks or coffee. I have a feeling it's probably suggested by people who feel they've wasted too much of their time or money on dates in the past. I think I'll be more open to it the next go around, but if an actual date isn't suggested for our 2nd meet I'd move on.Curious to hear your thoughts/experiences on this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.