Where did I went wrong?

Background:

I like this girl very much. She had a very rough past where her ex cheated on her on numerous occasions.

Present: After our 3rd date, she suddenly acted cold. So upon being direct to her about it, she tells me that she still has feelings for her ex and if given a chance she'd go back. This broke me a little I didn't let it phase me a bit in front of her because I knew what I signed up for and tried to support her through it.

But anything I say wasn't making any difference for her. Also, she didn't used to answer my message promptly as before. So, I sensed that she'd want some space to deal it of her own but whenever she texted me I replied it as I used to before. Today, she messaged me, "why had I stopped talking to her?". To which I replied being direct with her. I said I wanted to give her some space to deal with her issues and I will always there for her.

She read the message but didn't replied anything. My anxiety tells me this is going to be our last conversation.

Currently, I am questioning myself if I did anything wrong?



Submitted May 13, 2019 at 03:42PM

Background:I like this girl very much. She had a very rough past where her ex cheated on her on numerous occasions.Present: After our 3rd date, she suddenly acted cold. So upon being direct to her about it, she tells me that she still has feelings for her ex and if given a chance she'd go back. This broke me a little I didn't let it phase me a bit in front of her because I knew what I signed up for and tried to support her through it.But anything I say wasn't making any difference for her. Also, she didn't used to answer my message promptly as before. So, I sensed that she'd want some space to deal it of her own but whenever she texted me I replied it as I used to before. Today, she messaged me, "why had I stopped talking to her?". To which I replied being direct with her. I said I wanted to give her some space to deal with her issues and I will always there for her.She read the message but didn't replied anything. My anxiety tells me this is going to be our last conversation.Currently, I am questioning myself if I did anything wrong?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.