Guy from work I confessed a crush to in February randomly talking to me a lot? Suddenly very interested in friendship?

Hi guys, kind of confused about this situation.

I had liked this guy (we’ll call him work guy) in a different department at work for over a year. I will note that he is a grade above me. I finally got the guts to approach him in January and we hung out a lot in January / Feb outside of work (dinners, drinks , random day outings etc). However I wasn’t clear on whether or not we were just hanging out as friends or if he liked me too (nothing physical happened, we’d talk, I’d flirt a lot and try to make it obvious I liked him, etc). He seemed very passive and like he was very neutral about the whole thing, which made me find him challenging and like him more tbh.

One day I sort of got sick of the ambiguity of the whole situation and I texted him after I got home from drinks with him (slightly drunkenly over text, lol) that I had a crush on him and didn’t want to pretend I didn’t. He said thank you for being honest but that he didn’t think it was a good idea to have a crush at work, but he still wanted to hang out and get to know me better / be friends.

I took this as a rejection and moved on. Work guy and I didn’t talk for a few weeks - I started dating another guy for a month and I’m pretty sure work guy noticed on social media, etc.

Suddenly, around that time, work guy seemingly out of nowhere, became very interested in texting me, sending me memes, and catching up. He texts me on pretty much a weekly basis (without me having to initiate at all) and always wants to catch up for coffee, lunch, etc. He sends me memes. Yesterday, he said he noticed I deleted my social media and was surprised cause he wanted to send me a meme, lol. I’m just surprised about the sudden engagement here.

As I already confessed a crush to work guy (who btw I’m basically over due to the guy I dated after him) - why is he so keen? Does he just genuinely want to be good mates? Is he being professional? I’m honestly not invested anymore cause I moved on but just wanted some opinions.



Submitted May 13, 2019 at 10:05PM

Hi guys, kind of confused about this situation.I had liked this guy (we’ll call him work guy) in a different department at work for over a year. I will note that he is a grade above me. I finally got the guts to approach him in January and we hung out a lot in January / Feb outside of work (dinners, drinks , random day outings etc). However I wasn’t clear on whether or not we were just hanging out as friends or if he liked me too (nothing physical happened, we’d talk, I’d flirt a lot and try to make it obvious I liked him, etc). He seemed very passive and like he was very neutral about the whole thing, which made me find him challenging and like him more tbh.One day I sort of got sick of the ambiguity of the whole situation and I texted him after I got home from drinks with him (slightly drunkenly over text, lol) that I had a crush on him and didn’t want to pretend I didn’t. He said thank you for being honest but that he didn’t think it was a good idea to have a crush at work, but he still wanted to hang out and get to know me better / be friends.I took this as a rejection and moved on. Work guy and I didn’t talk for a few weeks - I started dating another guy for a month and I’m pretty sure work guy noticed on social media, etc.Suddenly, around that time, work guy seemingly out of nowhere, became very interested in texting me, sending me memes, and catching up. He texts me on pretty much a weekly basis (without me having to initiate at all) and always wants to catch up for coffee, lunch, etc. He sends me memes. Yesterday, he said he noticed I deleted my social media and was surprised cause he wanted to send me a meme, lol. I’m just surprised about the sudden engagement here.As I already confessed a crush to work guy (who btw I’m basically over due to the guy I dated after him) - why is he so keen? Does he just genuinely want to be good mates? Is he being professional? I’m honestly not invested anymore cause I moved on but just wanted some opinions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.