/u/widnidiw on Do your family knows about your sexuality?

For the most part it’s just not something I talk about unsolicited, but I guess they basically know? They definitely know I’m aromantic because although I don’t think I’ve used the exact term I’ve talked to them before about how I’ve never wanted to date or have any kind of romantic relationship.

If my mom didn’t know I was asexual before (although she probably did), she does as of a few days ago, because we were talking about birth control and I said something about how I never want to use it, and she was like, “well if you ever do decide you want to get into a relationship you’ll want to use it...” and I just kind of made it clear that that’s a hard no. Like, for me a romantic relationship is a 98.5% no, sex is a 99.999999% no. She said “well, you’ll be the most attractive person ever to not have sex.” Lol, thanks mom. As for my dad, it’s just never come up, idk, I think I would be kind of uncomfortable to go into too much detail with him.





May 14, 2019 at 05:07AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.