/u/Ruruskadoo on Name some in the comments! Nikola Tesla was an erased aro/ace

On the one hand I'd love some historical representation, but on the other I don't really like applying labels to others when we don't personally know how they really felt. It's one thing if there's decent recorded evidence that they wrote/spoke to others about not having sexual/romantic desires, but it's another to see that they didn't have partners and extrapolate from there.

They're dead so it doesn't really matter, but I don't really want to assume just because I want it to be true and it would be nice representation. I don't like to assume ace and ask questions later just like I don't like how online it'll be like

literally any historical figure who didn't have any known partners of the opposite sex: existed

the internet: "Definitely 100% gay there are literally no other possible reasons this could be the case"

:( It's not that they weren't, they very well could have been, it's just that there could be other options? They aren't around to ask and if the evidence just isn't there, we can't really know for sure.

Despite all I've just said though I really like this podcast called History Is Gay. They tend to lean towards having a reason for the labels they apply and not just a lack of outward straightness, and they acknowledge that aces and enbies are a thing too which is refreshing.





May 03, 2019 at 05:51AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.