Is he flirting just for fun?

There is this guy that I don’t even know if I necessarily like but I am a kind of person that just needs to know if someone likes me eventho I could know from the start that emotions aren’t mutual. It’s just a way that I am I guess. Wondering around in the dark frustrates the living shit out of me.

So basically, back to the main, juicy (?) point. He’s 2 years younger than me (I’m almost 18) and a family friend. We don’t hang out that much but this time we are, I guess you could say, trapped together in a house for the holidays (a week in total) which means it’s impossible for us not to interact.

I’m a very outgoing, loud and joyful person. I like to talk a lot and will never leave someone just sitting alone in the corner, especially if they are our guests. It’s also important to point out that my sense of humor is very dirty, open and overall without a shame. Me and my friends “flirt” with each other non stop, so that’s nothing new to me but when it comes to other people that I don’t know so well, I’m lost.

This is getting pretty long so let me give you some examples:

-me, him and my best friend were sitting around a fireplace and previous to that he had already made some comments about my arm being hot, due to hot fire (I was resting my head on his legs, facing my best friend, not seeing his facial expression) but this time he said “you are so hot” and instantly I responded (in a jokey way) with “Oh i know, I’m always hot”. He blushed and shook his head, while smiling ofc.

-while lying next to the fireplace he kept “punching” me with plushies and touching my arms. Whenever I told he to stop, cause he was distracting me from reading, he just smiled and continued. He kept doing this till we had to move elsewhere.

-Let me add that he has a “girl” that he’s talking to constantly (that meaning him being on his phone most of the time replying to her, whenever I’ve asked him about her he simply put his phone away, by which I’m not really bothered because after all we aren’t that close) and today he also said (it was in a context of a conversation we were having) that to him it doesn’t feel right to flirt with more than one girl at a time...

-We were swimming in a pool and for 2 or more days he didn’t dare to splash me or do anything with me in that joke-ish childish manner but today I guess he got super brave or something and pushed me into water multiple times. He also allowed me to be all over him while trying to “drown” him (that sounds really bad, but English isn’t my 1st language so i don’t t know better)

-whenever I look at him he smiles back

-our parents keep making weird comments and giving us weird looks. That is, let me say, nothing unusual for our parents (they are very open minded and love to joke around). But still it gets me wondering if they know something I don’t.

-he also had multiple “guy conversations” with my step dad (which I am very close to) about god knows what (probably girls) but personally I believe they were talking about me. I know that’s reaching but oh well...

I guess that were my main points. The last thing I would like to add is that yes I am I guess “flirting” with him back but that’s a part of my humor and I’m like that with everyone...I am aware that he maybe doesn’t know that and that is the reason why he is “playing along” you could say but I really don’t know.

Thanks anyone in advance for helping me out and even reading this whole thing through. I’m new here so I don’t really know how things work around here ❤️



Submitted May 02, 2019 at 10:24PM

There is this guy that I don’t even know if I necessarily like but I am a kind of person that just needs to know if someone likes me eventho I could know from the start that emotions aren’t mutual. It’s just a way that I am I guess. Wondering around in the dark frustrates the living shit out of me.So basically, back to the main, juicy (?) point. He’s 2 years younger than me (I’m almost 18) and a family friend. We don’t hang out that much but this time we are, I guess you could say, trapped together in a house for the holidays (a week in total) which means it’s impossible for us not to interact.I’m a very outgoing, loud and joyful person. I like to talk a lot and will never leave someone just sitting alone in the corner, especially if they are our guests. It’s also important to point out that my sense of humor is very dirty, open and overall without a shame. Me and my friends “flirt” with each other non stop, so that’s nothing new to me but when it comes to other people that I don’t know so well, I’m lost.This is getting pretty long so let me give you some examples:-me, him and my best friend were sitting around a fireplace and previous to that he had already made some comments about my arm being hot, due to hot fire (I was resting my head on his legs, facing my best friend, not seeing his facial expression) but this time he said “you are so hot” and instantly I responded (in a jokey way) with “Oh i know, I’m always hot”. He blushed and shook his head, while smiling ofc.-while lying next to the fireplace he kept “punching” me with plushies and touching my arms. Whenever I told he to stop, cause he was distracting me from reading, he just smiled and continued. He kept doing this till we had to move elsewhere.-Let me add that he has a “girl” that he’s talking to constantly (that meaning him being on his phone most of the time replying to her, whenever I’ve asked him about her he simply put his phone away, by which I’m not really bothered because after all we aren’t that close) and today he also said (it was in a context of a conversation we were having) that to him it doesn’t feel right to flirt with more than one girl at a time...-We were swimming in a pool and for 2 or more days he didn’t dare to splash me or do anything with me in that joke-ish childish manner but today I guess he got super brave or something and pushed me into water multiple times. He also allowed me to be all over him while trying to “drown” him (that sounds really bad, but English isn’t my 1st language so i don’t t know better)-whenever I look at him he smiles back-our parents keep making weird comments and giving us weird looks. That is, let me say, nothing unusual for our parents (they are very open minded and love to joke around). But still it gets me wondering if they know something I don’t.-he also had multiple “guy conversations” with my step dad (which I am very close to) about god knows what (probably girls) but personally I believe they were talking about me. I know that’s reaching but oh well...I guess that were my main points. The last thing I would like to add is that yes I am I guess “flirting” with him back but that’s a part of my humor and I’m like that with everyone...I am aware that he maybe doesn’t know that and that is the reason why he is “playing along” you could say but I really don’t know.Thanks anyone in advance for helping me out and even reading this whole thing through. I’m new here so I don’t really know how things work around here ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.