/u/gamerpisces on What is a squish?

A squish is a "friend crush" or "platonic crush". A squish is by nature platonic.

Now as to how a squish manifests this differs from person to person. For me personally my squishes seem to be very similar to how a lot people experience a crush, except I know that my feelings are not romantic in nature. I want to interact a lot with said person, I want them to like me, I think about them and I want to display affection for them of differing levels.

My biggest squish us my BFF. When it comes to him I want to hang out with him and talk to him a lot and such, and I also want to tell him a lot that he is great and I love him (platonically). I also want to hug, kiss and cuddle with him because for me physical affection is not inherently romantic, it's simply one of the ways I personally display affection with really close people. I do however NOT want to date him or introduce a romantic element into our relationship, which is one of the reasons I know 100% that I have no romantic feelings for him and that ut is a squish.





May 03, 2019 at 05:47AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.