/u/kayaut on We need to be better at distinguishing between sexual attraction, desire, and arousal [Rant]

Newsflash: as every person that identifies as asexual isn't actually part of the Borg collective, you have no way of defining or understanding exactly what other people feel and experience.

Variations of word use and intention, ESPECIALLY when you aren't sure what your orientation is, or think you're broken, can vary for many other reasons. Societal norms, socio-economic status, geographical location, culture, and religious differences could all impact how a person understands and utilizes words and concepts.

To make such a dismissive post is so much more damaging than you likely intended, particularly when the ace umbrella is so large.





May 22, 2019 at 06:41AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.