/u/DrNerd14159 on We need to be better at distinguishing between sexual attraction, desire, and arousal [Rant]

Is it gatekeeping to say that dogs aren't cats? Words have meanings.

The standard definition of asexual is "lacking sexual attraction". This is the definition listed in the sub description, and it's the definition used in my post. If you experience sexual attraction, it doesn't make sense to call yourself asexual unless you can provide a new definition that makes sense.

Similarly, gray-ace means that you experience sexual attraction noticeably less often than normal. The only "gatekeeping" I did here was say that it doesn't make sense to define gray-ace as "not hypersexual" and then claim that this somehow makes you a minority. Newsflash: most people aren't sex addicts.





May 22, 2019 at 06:16AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.