I (32M) met a busy (33F) on the street (NYC), she's legitimately postponing our first date again. How text with compassion but maintain self respect?

I met a beautiful interesting woman on the street a couple of weeks ago, and we've been texting back and forth but she's very busy in her personal life and her work life. It's New York City baby, we're all very busy and focused on our careers.

We had the first date set up which got postponed until Wednesday night.

However, Tuesday night / Wednesday morning at 1:45am I get this from her:

I’m just getting in. I finished my hair appointment and had to go back to the office to do voiceovers for a client who decided to change the copy last minute.. it’s launching tomorrow (don’t ask how I got wrapped into this..) Anywho, text me when you wake so I can figure out what I'm wearing tomorrow and/or bringing to the office, depending on timing. I have an 8 AM and I already know it's going to be a rough morning. But still very much looking forward to our pizza date :)

It is clear to me that she likes me and that she does want to meet up with me but she's just legitimately very busy.

How do I balance being supportive of her career, but also not really caring when we meet up, and also standing up for myself not just on this one day but setting the tone for a relationship?

I am very interested in this woman in a potential long-term relationship.



Submitted May 22, 2019 at 06:49AM

I met a beautiful interesting woman on the street a couple of weeks ago, and we've been texting back and forth but she's very busy in her personal life and her work life. It's New York City baby, we're all very busy and focused on our careers.We had the first date set up which got postponed until Wednesday night.However, Tuesday night / Wednesday morning at 1:45am I get this from her:I’m just getting in. I finished my hair appointment and had to go back to the office to do voiceovers for a client who decided to change the copy last minute.. it’s launching tomorrow (don’t ask how I got wrapped into this..) Anywho, text me when you wake so I can figure out what I'm wearing tomorrow and/or bringing to the office, depending on timing. I have an 8 AM and I already know it's going to be a rough morning. But still very much looking forward to our pizza date :)It is clear to me that she likes me and that she does want to meet up with me but she's just legitimately very busy.How do I balance being supportive of her career, but also not really caring when we meet up, and also standing up for myself not just on this one day but setting the tone for a relationship?I am very interested in this woman in a potential long-term relationship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.