I'm officially done with OLD after the other night.

I decided to give OLD one last chance after my rant post the other day about dating.

He was someone I'd hung out with briefly two other times and he invited me over to his apartment to listen to music and just hang out.

When I got there he was folding clothes and listening to sad music. Shortly after I arrived he immediately went into vent mode about having to keep up a happy persona all day and he's tired of it, how he's a broken person, messed up on the inside, tells me about a horrifically traumatizing childhood, how hes an alcoholic, how he's not over his ex wife after being divorced for 4 years, and how his counselor tells him hes still looking for a mother figure because he never had a good one! Then he starts taking shots and snorting cocaine!! I'd never even been in the same room with cocaine before, let alone hanging out with someone who was snorting it in front of me.

He goes on for about 3 hours venting while hes taking shots and high as a freaking kite. Then he pulls out old memorabilia from his childhood and old career and goes through it, explaining everything to me at the speed of lighting because hes so freaking high.

I'm kind of shocked and have no idea what to do because he obviously needed to just vent, but I was also positive this guy was NOT a prospect for me in any shape or form at this point. I'm not trying to fix anyone. Why is this dude even on a dating app????

Finally he calms a bit and sits on the couch and asks if I would "non sexually snuggle him"....call me crazy but I did, maybe cause I felt sorry for him. And he literally lays there just snuggling until he falls asleep and I left.

It was the weirdest night I've had with someone ever.

That night I deleted my apps. So far I've only met people with major issues on OLD. I think I'll stick to meeting people the old fashioned way.



Submitted May 21, 2019 at 08:00PM

I decided to give OLD one last chance after my rant post the other day about dating.He was someone I'd hung out with briefly two other times and he invited me over to his apartment to listen to music and just hang out.When I got there he was folding clothes and listening to sad music. Shortly after I arrived he immediately went into vent mode about having to keep up a happy persona all day and he's tired of it, how he's a broken person, messed up on the inside, tells me about a horrifically traumatizing childhood, how hes an alcoholic, how he's not over his ex wife after being divorced for 4 years, and how his counselor tells him hes still looking for a mother figure because he never had a good one! Then he starts taking shots and snorting cocaine!! I'd never even been in the same room with cocaine before, let alone hanging out with someone who was snorting it in front of me.He goes on for about 3 hours venting while hes taking shots and high as a freaking kite. Then he pulls out old memorabilia from his childhood and old career and goes through it, explaining everything to me at the speed of lighting because hes so freaking high.I'm kind of shocked and have no idea what to do because he obviously needed to just vent, but I was also positive this guy was NOT a prospect for me in any shape or form at this point. I'm not trying to fix anyone. Why is this dude even on a dating app????Finally he calms a bit and sits on the couch and asks if I would "non sexually snuggle him"....call me crazy but I did, maybe cause I felt sorry for him. And he literally lays there just snuggling until he falls asleep and I left.It was the weirdest night I've had with someone ever.That night I deleted my apps. So far I've only met people with major issues on OLD. I think I'll stick to meeting people the old fashioned way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.