Dating child free over 30

Ok so here's my story. I'm a man who is ~2 years into my 30s. I've had 2 what I'd call serious relationships and maybe a couple that didn't last more than a few months. The first lasted 7 years we even lived together but we had different career/life goals and ended up splitting up after she cheated on me. We are still friends no ill will.

The second lasted a year and ended recently. She wanted kids, I don't and I've had a vasectomy. It was sad we we both loved each other but we understand and respect each others decisions. We both knew it going in but I think we both thought it was just a fun temporary thing until we both realized we'd become quite attached!

So I'm single again and I'm wondering what are some good ways to meet like minded people since it's been a few years since I used apps and I'm now over 30. I think I'm aged out on Tinder and maybe Bumble tried Hinge but not that enthused.

I have some good things: I'm financially stable with my own place and I work in bay area tech, I'm not highly athletic but tall in good shape, dress well and probably average at worst looks wise.

That said I also have 10 tattoos (nothing trashy I love them) and don't want kids which seems to cut things down....I'm happy with both choices and wouldn't change but still it seems to be a reality. The kid thing seems to be a big deal and I do NOT want to go through that again.

So ...thoughts?



Submitted May 21, 2019 at 08:44PM

Ok so here's my story. I'm a man who is ~2 years into my 30s. I've had 2 what I'd call serious relationships and maybe a couple that didn't last more than a few months. The first lasted 7 years we even lived together but we had different career/life goals and ended up splitting up after she cheated on me. We are still friends no ill will.The second lasted a year and ended recently. She wanted kids, I don't and I've had a vasectomy. It was sad we we both loved each other but we understand and respect each others decisions. We both knew it going in but I think we both thought it was just a fun temporary thing until we both realized we'd become quite attached!So I'm single again and I'm wondering what are some good ways to meet like minded people since it's been a few years since I used apps and I'm now over 30. I think I'm aged out on Tinder and maybe Bumble tried Hinge but not that enthused.I have some good things: I'm financially stable with my own place and I work in bay area tech, I'm not highly athletic but tall in good shape, dress well and probably average at worst looks wise.That said I also have 10 tattoos (nothing trashy I love them) and don't want kids which seems to cut things down....I'm happy with both choices and wouldn't change but still it seems to be a reality. The kid thing seems to be a big deal and I do NOT want to go through that again.So ...thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.