/u/daffodil1995 on Just had a terrible night.

I have for sure had similar experiences. And I’ll tell you a really embarrassing one I haven’t talked about before, so hopefully it’ll make you feel better: I once was really uncomfortable with being asexual and started talking to a guy on tinder to see if I could make myself be interested. It was super late at night, but we were clicking with our conversation and he invited me over to watch a movie. I knew that he was expecting a hook up, and I was at least 90% sure that I wasn’t going to hook up with him, but I went anyway. It was super awkward and anytime he would try to get close to me I would call over the big St. Bernard he was dog sitting so that it would get in between us. He kept trying dumb moves like tickling me and I just kept calling the dog over. I didn’t even make eye contact with him because I didn’t want him to try to kiss me. Half way through the movie he could tell it wasn’t going to happen and stopped even really talking, but I felt too awkward to leave before the movie was over. After I left and got home, he had already unmatched with me. I had to avoid my favorite store for a year because he said he worked there and I didn’t want to risk bumping into him.

I wouldn’t beat yourself up too much, we are all human and we are all trying to figure out what we want from life and where we fit into the world. You gave it a shot and explained to the girl what was going on when it didn’t work out, so I personally don’t think you did anything wrong. Just learn from this experience and grow from here.





May 05, 2019 at 06:47AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.