/u/Aphthite on Allos: aSeXuALs dOn’t FaCE dIScriMiNaTIoN. Also Allos:

Ugh, unpopularopinion is the worst. And in general, I don’t get what it is with Reddit and asexuality. While there are definitely supportive and heartening comments on them too, popular threads involving asexuality can be so toxic in much of the comments. It’s awful. We’re a small percentage of the population, most of them are likely to never be in a relationship with an ace person (which is what the comments so often seem to fixate on), our existence isn’t effecting them negatively, yet they seem to have such strong and vitriolic opinions about something they know little about. Why do they care so much about whether someone they don’t even know doesn’t experience sexual attraction? So what if I don’t want to have sex with anybody? Why do they care so vehemently about something they don’t understand that doesn’t affect them?

/end rant. I just hate that whenever I see a popular post that involves asexuality, many of the comments are inevitably awful. I really just shouldn’t read through those comment sections.





May 05, 2019 at 05:59AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.