When the spark becomes a hum

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and I've been taught for a long time that a relationship should be over once you lose that spark, so I was thinking about what to do because our relationship finally lost that inital spark.

But then I talked to him about it and he felt the same way. Sure we don't have that spark but we have matured where I do feel a different type of energy, not a spark but a constant hum. He powers me and I power him. We concluded and matured together to the point where I cannot live without him and he cannot live without me.

There seems to be this narrative in society where your relationship with people have to always be exciting and have that spark, but I honestly love our relationship more now that it's a constant Hum instead of sporadic sparks. It's continues to grow and grow to new levels I didn't think possible. He continues to hold my heart, forever and ever.



Submitted May 11, 2019 at 11:41PM

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and I've been taught for a long time that a relationship should be over once you lose that spark, so I was thinking about what to do because our relationship finally lost that inital spark.But then I talked to him about it and he felt the same way. Sure we don't have that spark but we have matured where I do feel a different type of energy, not a spark but a constant hum. He powers me and I power him. We concluded and matured together to the point where I cannot live without him and he cannot live without me.There seems to be this narrative in society where your relationship with people have to always be exciting and have that spark, but I honestly love our relationship more now that it's a constant Hum instead of sporadic sparks. It's continues to grow and grow to new levels I didn't think possible. He continues to hold my heart, forever and ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.