How do I (26F) deal with a (23F) tattletell at work who may be jeopardizing others jobs?

So one of my newest coworkers (Marsha not her real name) is someone that I find a hard worker and easy to get along with normally, has developed a habit that grates on my nerves.

Every little thing she runs and tattles on to the supervisor (Kate 40F). Like oh I heard so and so doesn’t like so and so, petty stuff and multiple people have been confronted because of this and it’s creating even more unnecessary drama than just leaving the people alone. A particular incident involves another female coworker (Bethany age 24) who became so upset and panicky about having to meet with Kate that she got sick and had a panic attack. Kate has a history of making you feel like the smallest scum of the earth anytime there is any issue.

I haven’t been the target of any of this but Marsha is taking someone venting about a situation or person wayyy out of context. I fear she is going to get herself in trouble or worse have other hard workers like Bethany quit over a stupid reason (we are already very understaffed) which will hurt all of us.

TLDR: coworker is a tattletell. Anyway I can handle this without calling her out?



Submitted May 12, 2019 at 05:17AM

So one of my newest coworkers (Marsha not her real name) is someone that I find a hard worker and easy to get along with normally, has developed a habit that grates on my nerves.Every little thing she runs and tattles on to the supervisor (Kate 40F). Like oh I heard so and so doesn’t like so and so, petty stuff and multiple people have been confronted because of this and it’s creating even more unnecessary drama than just leaving the people alone. A particular incident involves another female coworker (Bethany age 24) who became so upset and panicky about having to meet with Kate that she got sick and had a panic attack. Kate has a history of making you feel like the smallest scum of the earth anytime there is any issue.I haven’t been the target of any of this but Marsha is taking someone venting about a situation or person wayyy out of context. I fear she is going to get herself in trouble or worse have other hard workers like Bethany quit over a stupid reason (we are already very understaffed) which will hurt all of us.TLDR: coworker is a tattletell. Anyway I can handle this without calling her out?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.