Me [26M] with an amazing woman [late 20s, F] difference of religious practices - yay or nay?

Yesterday evening I went to my Jewish orthodox relatives.

There I met another invitee, an amazing woman. Not only is she my taste in her appearance, she is my taste in personality too. It's a true jackpot. Only problem is... she's religious. I'm not.

I'm secular but I do enjoy some traditions to a degree. I do not keep the Saturday [for example, I use my phone and turn the lights on and off], I do not keep kosher. I really am secular.

I don't know. I'm wondering if it is worth it to try and chat with her further and see if there is any midpoint we can meet at... maybe keeping kosher at home or I don't know what...

I'm afraid of hurting her by doing so.

It is the first time in my life I felt like I do about this woman. I can't explain it in words, but she is something else. She managed to get me to consider keeping kosher at home without doing anything, that's a huge achievement, I really am secular. I'm not sure if it's a dream or if maybe there is a reason to check what she thinks... I really don't know.

The truth is, it appears she is also interested, and the chemistry is undeniable. She managed to do something.

I'm trying to convince myself that I should try. But something in me tells me I'm wrong. There is an instinct that tells me to "storm the bridge" and give it a shot. I'm trying to shut this voice down but every time I do it becomes louder. The odd thing is, that's a first for me. I never ever had this kind of thing happen to me where I couldn't shut an inner voice up.

To be clear, I don't mind her practicing. I do not have faith but I definitely want to have it, just on my own terms.

If I'm being truly honest with myself, there are small parts that I want to do, but it is very very small things. No where near enough.

She does seem like an ideal life partner for me, and in an odd way, her being religious isn't a negative, it's a positive. It doesn't make sense and I'm confused...

Sorry for that mangled and confusing information, I realized some things so I was writing the post, but I'm very very confused.

What course of action will be the right one, should I dive head first into waters I never swam in before based purely on instinct that feels like it's the only thing I ever knew without a doubt, or should I move on and find someone else despite my instinct telling me otherwise?

Tldr: instinct tells me to go against my logic and try and see if a religious woman would actually be interested in me despite our one difference.



Submitted May 12, 2019 at 05:48AM

Yesterday evening I went to my Jewish orthodox relatives.There I met another invitee, an amazing woman. Not only is she my taste in her appearance, she is my taste in personality too. It's a true jackpot. Only problem is... she's religious. I'm not.I'm secular but I do enjoy some traditions to a degree. I do not keep the Saturday [for example, I use my phone and turn the lights on and off], I do not keep kosher. I really am secular.I don't know. I'm wondering if it is worth it to try and chat with her further and see if there is any midpoint we can meet at... maybe keeping kosher at home or I don't know what...I'm afraid of hurting her by doing so.It is the first time in my life I felt like I do about this woman. I can't explain it in words, but she is something else. She managed to get me to consider keeping kosher at home without doing anything, that's a huge achievement, I really am secular. I'm not sure if it's a dream or if maybe there is a reason to check what she thinks... I really don't know.The truth is, it appears she is also interested, and the chemistry is undeniable. She managed to do something.I'm trying to convince myself that I should try. But something in me tells me I'm wrong. There is an instinct that tells me to "storm the bridge" and give it a shot. I'm trying to shut this voice down but every time I do it becomes louder. The odd thing is, that's a first for me. I never ever had this kind of thing happen to me where I couldn't shut an inner voice up.To be clear, I don't mind her practicing. I do not have faith but I definitely want to have it, just on my own terms.If I'm being truly honest with myself, there are small parts that I want to do, but it is very very small things. No where near enough.She does seem like an ideal life partner for me, and in an odd way, her being religious isn't a negative, it's a positive. It doesn't make sense and I'm confused...Sorry for that mangled and confusing information, I realized some things so I was writing the post, but I'm very very confused.What course of action will be the right one, should I dive head first into waters I never swam in before based purely on instinct that feels like it's the only thing I ever knew without a doubt, or should I move on and find someone else despite my instinct telling me otherwise?Tldr: instinct tells me to go against my logic and try and see if a religious woman would actually be interested in me despite our one difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.