/u/HavePlushieWillTalk on People are downvoting comments that call ace people LGBTQIA+... on a post about acephobia. I just wanted to share my frustration about this to y’all.

People... why are people so horrible? It's getting to be that just the word 'people' for me is like a swearword.

Like, so what if you're a hetero-ace- you're still queer (if you want to wear that) because you're not heterosexual. And 'queer' is just the phrase that they throw to the non big-four letters so the acronym doesn't get too long. I call it 'The Acronym' because it annoys me when people don't say the entire thing. If you won't say the entire thing, wtf is the point in being politically correct enough to begin the acronym but not enough to include everyone in it?

Also depending on where you are in the world, the Acronym has different letters and numbers in it e.g. in Canada there is a 2 in there for two-spirit. I support that. Geographical and cultural differences are why the '+' is so important.





April 11, 2019 at 05:39AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.