My (27) ex (33) sent me a letter after we broke up, and a recurring theme is “it’s your fault I love you”. How would you respond to that?

Essentially the title - they wrote a letter and the recurring theme is “wow you’re all these great XYZ things. It’s your fault I’m in love with you” and it was a recurring theme (fault shifting) in our relationship,

I’m supposed to be meeting them tomorrow because they want to be friends but I can’t move forward with any conversation without addressing all parts of the letter. This is the one part I just haven’t figured out how to communicate my disdain for that mentality.

I never led them on leading up to our break up or after. This is the first time we’ve spoken in a year.

How do I reframe this and explain that 1) this isn’t my fault & 2) it’s not right of them to think that?

TL;DR How do I tell ex that it’s not my fault they love me?

Edit: fixed typos



Submitted April 25, 2019 at 07:00AM

Essentially the title - they wrote a letter and the recurring theme is “wow you’re all these great XYZ things. It’s your fault I’m in love with you” and it was a recurring theme (fault shifting) in our relationship,I’m supposed to be meeting them tomorrow because they want to be friends but I can’t move forward with any conversation without addressing all parts of the letter. This is the one part I just haven’t figured out how to communicate my disdain for that mentality.I never led them on leading up to our break up or after. This is the first time we’ve spoken in a year.How do I reframe this and explain that 1) this isn’t my fault & 2) it’s not right of them to think that?TL;DR How do I tell ex that it’s not my fault they love me?Edit: fixed typos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.