I can’t move on, help

So I [18m] had my first relationship last summer when we connected through summer school. The relationship was absolutely perfect and I couldn’t have asked for anything better. And the girl [18f] I was with was also so perfect as well.

There were no fights, arguments, or any negativity whatsoever, and 8 months in she called off the relationship saying that since she was going to the military (on June 8th) she didn’t want to grow the relationship anymore and she thought that if we continued, it would end in a huge breakup.

She still wanted to be friends to which I accepted, but ever since then I’ve just felt nothing but heartache. I’ve tried to forget it or move past the relationship, but it was all so perfect and for it to just end with no warnings at all, just devastated me. And it doesn’t help that I still see her every day the way I used to.

Idk what to do honestly, it’s just tearing me apart and I can’t think of anything but her. How can I get over it or what could I do?

TL;DR my ex and I were in a strong relationship that ended unexpectedly to me after 8 months due to her going to military. I can’t stop thinking about her and the relationship. How can i move on from this heartache



Submitted April 25, 2019 at 06:56AM

So I [18m] had my first relationship last summer when we connected through summer school. The relationship was absolutely perfect and I couldn’t have asked for anything better. And the girl [18f] I was with was also so perfect as well.There were no fights, arguments, or any negativity whatsoever, and 8 months in she called off the relationship saying that since she was going to the military (on June 8th) she didn’t want to grow the relationship anymore and she thought that if we continued, it would end in a huge breakup.She still wanted to be friends to which I accepted, but ever since then I’ve just felt nothing but heartache. I’ve tried to forget it or move past the relationship, but it was all so perfect and for it to just end with no warnings at all, just devastated me. And it doesn’t help that I still see her every day the way I used to.Idk what to do honestly, it’s just tearing me apart and I can’t think of anything but her. How can I get over it or what could I do?TL;DR my ex and I were in a strong relationship that ended unexpectedly to me after 8 months due to her going to military. I can’t stop thinking about her and the relationship. How can i move on from this heartache

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.