I can’t stop thinking about what my boyfriend (22m) said to me (22f) when he broke up with me

Long story short he broke up with me because we were incompatible in lifestyle and quality time needs.

He has been in therapy for 3 months for working on anger issues and childhood stuff, mainly abusive dad.

When he broke up with me, he said (in a very negative way, as if nothing good could follow) “mfuku44, I’ve talked about you at every therapy session I’ve been to.”

And he didn’t tell me what it was. And now it’s eating at me. I guess my ego is just hurt, that seemingly therapy was just this “let’s talk shit about my girlfriend”.

What do I do? I feel overwhelmed by these thoughts on top of recently getting dumped.

Tldr - while breaking up with me, boyfriend made snide comment about how he “talks” about me to his therapy at every session. Now I feel confused and hurt and curious, and it’s eating at me



Submitted April 25, 2019 at 06:04AM

Long story short he broke up with me because we were incompatible in lifestyle and quality time needs.He has been in therapy for 3 months for working on anger issues and childhood stuff, mainly abusive dad.When he broke up with me, he said (in a very negative way, as if nothing good could follow) “mfuku44, I’ve talked about you at every therapy session I’ve been to.”And he didn’t tell me what it was. And now it’s eating at me. I guess my ego is just hurt, that seemingly therapy was just this “let’s talk shit about my girlfriend”.What do I do? I feel overwhelmed by these thoughts on top of recently getting dumped.Tldr - while breaking up with me, boyfriend made snide comment about how he “talks” about me to his therapy at every session. Now I feel confused and hurt and curious, and it’s eating at me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.