Not Taking No & The Grand Gesture

I (32F) ended things with someone I had been seeing for a few weeks. This was over a month ago. Main issue? He wouldn't take "no" for an answer. I don't want to hang out? Keeps texting. Tell him I need a day to myself? Non stop calling. Surprise surprise that continues even after I very clearly called it off. Text/calls every couple of days ever since.

Today I gave up and picked up, to tell him off and inform him he is being blocked. Did a little rehashing to try to give him some closure. I don't want to hurt the guy, but I don't want him thinking he's got a chance.

During the conversation, he said the non stop texts had been his "effort to show me what I meant to him." WHAT??? Is what I mean to him worth ... text messages?? Don't get me wrong, he'd been thoroughly rejected and any attempt to get me back would be over the line, but it's got me thinking:

Why, even when a man is trying to win me over or win me back, does their effort seem to extend only to text messages, maybe phone calls at best? I mean, send a lady some flowers or something.

Is this just how it is now? OLD, texting, or nothing? What kind of woman do I need to be to attract men who will actually try? Because lord knows I am.



Submitted May 15, 2019 at 11:37PM

I (32F) ended things with someone I had been seeing for a few weeks. This was over a month ago. Main issue? He wouldn't take "no" for an answer. I don't want to hang out? Keeps texting. Tell him I need a day to myself? Non stop calling. Surprise surprise that continues even after I very clearly called it off. Text/calls every couple of days ever since.Today I gave up and picked up, to tell him off and inform him he is being blocked. Did a little rehashing to try to give him some closure. I don't want to hurt the guy, but I don't want him thinking he's got a chance.During the conversation, he said the non stop texts had been his "effort to show me what I meant to him." WHAT??? Is what I mean to him worth ... text messages?? Don't get me wrong, he'd been thoroughly rejected and any attempt to get me back would be over the line, but it's got me thinking:Why, even when a man is trying to win me over or win me back, does their effort seem to extend only to text messages, maybe phone calls at best? I mean, send a lady some flowers or something.Is this just how it is now? OLD, texting, or nothing? What kind of woman do I need to be to attract men who will actually try? Because lord knows I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.